Featured Extended Warranty Companies
We reviewed every major warranty company for coverage, affordability and more. Here are our recommendations.
Our first choice for comprehensive coverage.
Our research shows that CarShield has some of the lowest warranty rates available.
Runner-Up, Best Provider
Industry leader with one of the highest mileage limits of any extended warranty provider.
This Concord Auto Protect extended warranty review rated the company 7.0 out of 10. The company is a direct provider with solid coverage and prices and is worth considering.
Is a Concord Auto Protect warranty worth it? This Concord warranty review provides helpful information about Concord Auto Protect plans, coverage, and pricing and is designed to help you make informed choices when considering a vehicle service contract. We’ll also compare the company to some of the best extended car warranty companies on the market.
An extended auto warranty can be a smart investment to avoid paying for costly repairs after your vehicle’s factory warranty expires. Concord Auto Protect offers customers three basic coverage plans with few frills. But is the provider the best option for your vehicle?
Concord Auto Protect Warranty
Concord Auto Protect is an extended warranty company based in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania. It’s been in business since 2014 and currently offers three levels of vehicle protection. Concord Auto Protect works with customers directly, removing any middlemen when it comes time to file a claim. The provider also holds high customer ratings on Trustpilot and the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
Concord Auto Protect
- Company Name: Concord Auto Protect
- Year Founded: 2013
- Headquartered in: King of Prussia, PA
- BBB Accredited:No, but they have an A+ rating
- Endorsements: Featured on national news outlets Fox, CBS, NBC, and ABC
Here’s how our review team rated Concord Auto Protect:
|Overall Rating||7.0 out of 10.0|
|Industry Reputation||7.0 out of 10.0|
|Coverage||7.0 out of 10.0|
|Warranty Cost||8.0 out of 10.0|
|Customer Experience||7.0 out of 10.0|
Concord Auto Protect plans all feature 24/hour roadside assistance and claims specialists so a claim can be made at any time. It’s important to note that Concord Auto Protect is not a member of the Vehicle Protection Association and is not backed by an insurer.
Concord Auto Protect Plans
Concord Auto Protect offers three tiers of extended coverage for your vehicle: Concord Premium, Concord Advanced and Concord Powertrain. The company has a sample contract on its website that lists specific parts covered under each plan.
Concord Auto Protect Premium
As a bumper-to-bumper warranty, the Premium plan is Concord Auto Protect’s most comprehensive option. It covers most of your vehicle’s major systems such as the engine, transmission, and drive axle. It also provides coverage for heating and air conditioning systems and high-tech electronics, including:
- Sunroof and convertible motor
- Factory-installed GPS
- Factory-installed rear-view camera
Concord Auto Protect Advanced
The Advanced plan provides coverage for a moderate amount of vehicle systems. Although it does not provide as much coverage as the Premium plan, the Advanced plan still covers major systems. It also provides AWD/4X4 coverage, which may make it a more affordable choice than the Premium package for drivers with AWD/4×4 vehicles. It does not cover air conditioning or heating.
Concord Auto Protect Powertrain
The Powertrain coverage plan covers the most basic vehicle systems, such as the engine or transmission. Unlike many other extended warranty providers, the Powertrain plan from Concord Auto Protect offers protection for many more vehicle systems than most basic coverage options. This makes it an attractive option for someone looking to combine the value of a lower-tier plan with the most coverage available.
Concord Auto Protect Warranty Coverage
These are the main systems and components protected by each vehicle service contract:
|Four-Wheel Drive/All-Wheel Drive||✓||✓|
|Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS)||✓|
|Front and Rear Suspension||✓|
If you’re unsatisfied with your coverage, Concord Auto Protect offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. After 30 days, you can still cancel your contract, but you’ll only receive a prorated refund minus a $25 fee. Contracts are also fully transferable.
Concord Auto Protect Warranty Exclusions
Although it’s fairly comprehensive, Concord Auto Protect’s Premium option is not a bumper-to-bumper coverage plan. Even with Concord Auto Protect’s highest coverage level, many parts of your vehicle won’t be covered under warranty.
Additionally, Concord Auto Protect plans will not cover:
- Routine maintenance, like oil changes
- Wear-and-tear parts, like brake pads, filters and windshield wipers
- Tires and wheels
- Cosmetic damage
- Damage caused by a collision, vandalism or acts of nature
These exclusions are standard among warranty providers.
All Concord Auto Protect plans come with a number of added benefits, including:
- Roadside assistance: If you need services such as towing, lockout assistance, jump-starts, fuel deliveries or flat tire changes, you can call a roadside assistance company, and Concord Auto Protect will reimburse you for the service.
- Rental car reimbursement: If your vehicle is being repaired and you need alternative transportation, Concord Auto Protect offers reimbursement for rentals up to $75 per day for four days.
- Trip interruption reimbursement: If you break down more than 100 miles from home, Concord Auto Protect will reimburse you for food and lodging up to $50 per day for a maximum of three days.
Concord Auto Protect Warranty Cost
Customers reported that Concord Auto Protect’s Premium coverage for 5 years/75,000 miles cost a total of $1,700 for both a late-2010s sedan with 30,000 miles and a mid-2010s SUV with 45,000 miles.
The Powertrain plan was only a little less expensive. A contract lasting 5 years/75,000 miles for an early-2010s SUV with just under 90,000 miles cost $1,500. The same plan and terms for a sedan with a comparable age and mileage cost a little over $1,650.
Based on industry-wide quotes we’ve received, extended warranties typically cost between $1,700 and $4,000 for three to seven years of average. Compared to these figures, Concord Auto Protect plans are very affordable. However, Concord often requires upfront payments for the entire cost of the plan rather than breaking the amount into small, monthly payments like other top providers.
When determining the price of your extended warranty, providers look several factors, including:
- Location: Sometimes, warranty costs vary based on what part of the country you’re in.
- Vehicle make and model: Luxury makes and higher-priced models will cost more to protect, as their components are usually more expensive.
- Vehicle age and mileage: Older, higher-mileage vehicles are more likely to break down, so they’re more expensive to protect.
- Coverage type: Plans that cover more vehicle components will come with higher price tags.
- Coverage length: Longer-lasting contracts tend to cost more.
- Your deductible: If you opt for a lower deductible, you’ll usually receive a higher premium. On the other hand, a higher-deductible plan will cost less initially but more when you get repairs.
Concord Auto Protect Customer Service
To get a Concord Auto Protect quote, you can fill out an online form or call 888-399-2811. You’ll want to have your vehicle make, mileage and vehicle identification number (VIN) handy.
Filing a Claim with Concord Auto Protect
As a direct coverage provider, Concord Auto Protect handles all claims and coverage plans. Contract holders work with the same team of customer representatives when getting a quote and filing a claim.
In the event of a mechanical breakdown, Concord Auto Protect allows any facility certified by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE®) to perform repairs. If your mechanic needs to perform a diagnosis to identify the cause of your breakdown, you’ll have to pay for the diagnosis out of pocket, even if your warranty covers the repair.
After the issues are diagnosed, Concord Auto Protect will need to authorize the repair before any mechanical work begins. Once your vehicle is fixed, the cost of covered repairs will be paid directly to the repair facility.
It’s important to note that an insurance company does not back Concord Auto Protect plans, meaning that if the company shuts down for whatever reason, customers will not get their money back.
Concord Auto Protect Reviews BBB
Concord Auto Protect holds many positive ratings from multiple review sources. On Google, it holds a 4.8-star rating with over 500 reviews, and on Trustpilot, almost 300 consumers have weighed in to give Concord Auto Protect a 4.8-star rating.
The company is not accredited by the BBB, which isn’t uncommon given that accreditation can cost upwards of $10,000. However, Concord Auto Protect does hold a B+ rating and a 4.64 out of 5-star customer review score.
We noticed some reviews on the company’s BBB page are replicated with different reviewer names, which is slightly concerning. One reviewer also claimed the company offered him up to $500 to take down a negative comment. As with any online customer reviews, it’s best to take these with a grain of salt.
Positive Concord Auto Protect Reviews
“I got the extended auto warranty on my Ford F-150. I was very pleased with the way they took care of everything when I had to bring in my truck to the shop for an engine light that came on. They also got me a lower deductible when I set up the warranty thanks to a veteran’s promotion.”
– Nick S. via BBB
“I love Concord Auto Protect. Our family has been a customer for four years so far. Everything is always flawless with them, and the customer service [representatives] really [do] go out of their way. I’m very happy with them, and [the] pricing is good as well.”
– Oliver S. via BBB
Negative Concord Auto Protect Reviews
“The first time I needed to use [my warranty], I was denied because the cost of the repair was double what I spent on the plan. Concord Auto Protect found it easier to reimburse me my money than actually pay for the repair.”
– Kenneth P. via BBB
“This company will do everything to not make a payout to customers. In my case, they created a non-factual scenario that fit their case for non-coverage. They claimed the mechanic made assertions that he did not actually make, then they denied the claim without even looking at the vehicle.”
– Anonymous via BBB
Concord Auto Warranty Reviews
Despite its high ratings, Concord Auto Protect’s limited coverage plan options, odd customer review patterns and lack of insurance-backing raise some red flags. We rated the company 7.0 out of 10.0 points, but it may be best to get quotes from other warranty providers as well. A Concord Auto Protect extended warranty may be worth it for budget-conscious drivers. The provider offers low-cost contracts, but some of its business practices concerned our review team.
Claims paid directly to ASE-certified repair shops
A+ Rating by the BBB and great online reputation
Some plans have no deductible
Lowest coverage plan covers more than most comparable plans of competitors
Not a member of Vehicle Protection Association
Heating and A/C are only covered under the highest plan level
No Exclusionary Contract
Only Three Plans to Choose From
We recommend considering one of the most reputable extended car warranty companies on the market.
Our Picks for Best Extended Car Warranties
Our review team researched every major extended warranty company and identified the top providers based on coverage, cost, customer reviews and more. We named Endurance and CARCHEX our top picks.
Endurance: Best Provider
Endurance is our No. 1 pick for extended warranty coverage. Here are a few reasons why this company rose to the top in our industry-wide review:
- Direct service provider: Endurance handles all claims and payments directly instead of administering another company’s plans.
- Added benefits: With all Endurance contracts, you receive a free year of Endurance Elite Benefits, the company’s perks program that includes roadside assistance, identity theft coverage, total loss protection, repair financing, key fob replacements, and tire replacements.
- Sample contracts: Endurance offers sample contracts for each of its six plans online, so you’ll know what’s included before you reach out for a quote.
- Long-lasting coverage: Endurance plans can last up to 8 years/200,000 miles.
Read more about this provider in our comprehensive Endurance warranty review, and click below to receive a free quote.
CARCHEX: Best for High-Mileage Cars
We named CARCHEX the Best for High-Mileage Cars, as the company offers some of the longest-lasting coverage in the industry. CARCHEX’s highlights include:
- Long-lasting coverage: CARCHEX can protect your vehicle up to 10 years/250,000 miles.
- Reputable partners: CARCHEX holds partnerships with industry leaders like Kelley Blue Book, CARFAX, RepairPal and Edmunds.com.
- Positive reviews: Thousands of CARCHEX customers have reviewed the company online, noting its high-quality customer service, wide range of plan options and easy claims process. CARCHEX also holds an A+ rating with the BBB.
- More repair shop choice: The provider works with over 30,000 repair shops nationwide.
Learn more in our complete CARCHEX review. You can also click below to get a free, personalized quote from the provider.
Industry leader with one of the highest mileage limits of any extended warranty provider.
Concord Auto Protect Reviews: Conclusion
Concord Auto Protect is a highly rated vehicle service contract provider with three levels of coverage for vehicles of any make or model. Although Concord Auto Protect is not a member of the Vehicle Protection Association, the many positive online reviews rate the customer service and repair work highly.
- Best for: Newer cars with lots of electronic components.
- Roadside assistance: Concord Auto Protect offers 24/hour roadside assistance with all levels of its extended warranty contracts.
- Transferrable and 30-day cancellation policy: Plans can be transferred to a vehicle’s new owner if the car is sold. Plans can be canceled for a full refund within 30 days or a prorated refund after the 30 day period.
- Technology coverage: Some plans offer coverage for the high-tech electronics found in modern cars.
- Simple claims: Claims are paid directly to the certified mechanic shop, so you only have to pay a deductible. Some plans have no deductible at all.
- ASE-certified repairs: Repairs must be made at an ASE-certified repair shop or the claim is unlikely to be covered.
- Use your repair shop: If you’re concerned that your favorite repair shop won’t accept your warranty coverage, you can have Concord Auto Protect reach out to the shop before purchasing a contract. Concord Auto Protect will attempt to form a relationship with your repair shop before you even purchase a contract, so you can be sure you’ll be able to use them for repairs.
- BBB and ratings: Although not BBB accredited, Concord Auto Protect has an A+ rating and has a 9.5/10 rating from Trustpilot.
Concord Auto Warranty: Frequently Asked Questions
How much does a Concord warranty cost?
Based on our research, you can get a Concord extended warranty starting at $575 per year.
Is a concord warranty worth it?
While this depends on your situation, it can be well worth the cost to choose a warranty with this company, especially if you have older vehicles.
The Detroit Bureau collects data from every major car warranty provider to formulate rankings of the best warranty companies. Our in-depth rating system takes into account coverage, pricing, transparency, customer satisfaction and ratings from industry experts. Each provider is given a weighted score in five categories, as well as an overall score out of 10.0.
We recommend auto warranty companies based on these rankings, but we also encourage you to perform your own research and compare quotes to find the best coverage.